Secure document shredding for out-of-date confidential papers is more than business hygiene factor; it can also help companies to save space and improve data security. But a strategic approach must include more than buying a desktop shredder and adding the resulting waste to the recycling. And that’s where CAS can help.
Secure Collection of Confidential Documents
CAS provides specially designed confidential waste collection bins. The bins are securely locked and have a slot where documents marked for destruction can be ‘posted’. The bins hold between 80 and 660 litres of waste paper and are provided free-of-charge. We will provide your office manager will have a key, so if an entire arch file or document storage box has to be destroyed, they can unlock the box and drop the whole item in. The boxes are lined with opaque bags that have secure integral ties. Once the bin is full, the office manager, or our representative, unlocks the bin and secures the bin’s contents. This means that the actual documents are never handled or seen once in the bin.
- Accredited ISO 15489: Information and Documentation, Records Management. CAS is the only document storage company in the industry to hold this ISO. This demonstrates that we have achieved all the requirements for the Records Management Industry, and appropriate attention and protection is given to the processing and management of document and file storage.
We arrange scheduled collections as often as required, to suit the specific needs of each office. Uniquely, CAS does not tie clients into a fixed term contract. The frequency of visits is flexible and can be determined by the office manager. A member of our experienced team will visit your site in one of our GPS tracked vehicles. The whole CAS fleet is LPG powered, reducing emissions and adding to an environmentally friendly process. And by the way, all our document-handling staff have been checked by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). DBS is the new name for the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB), and DBS checks have now replaced the old CRB checks.
The collected bags are taken to our secure shredding facility which has gated perimeter fences, 24/7 security patrols and advanced CCTV. Our gate staff require identification for anyone entering the facility and only authorised personnel are admitted. Environmental controls and advanced fire protection systems are fitted throughout.
All documents are then doubled shredded. The shreddings are balled, washed and bleached. The remaining material is thoroughly clean and bears no possible resemblance to the original document. Your data has been completely and securely destroyed. For data auditing purposes we provide a Certificate of Destruction for each and every collection. This is your proof that the data destruction process has been secure, confidential and complete.
- Accredited ISO/IEC 27001, Information Technology, Security Techniques and Information Security Management. This ISO reassures you that we are compliant with every International regulation on surveillance, security and staff confidentiality.
Save the Planet: Recycle
At CAS we take the environment seriously — we aim to make the most of the existing resources by reducing waste and energy consumption. Did you know that paper can be recycled multiple times? Once the documents have been destroyed, we then recycle 100% of the waste by-product, shipping it overseas to be recycled into toilet paper.
- Accredited ISO 14001: Environmental Management accreditation. This demonstrates that we have consistently met management processes that reduce the impact on the environment and contribute to sustainability on both a regional and national level.
All of our services, from document digitisation and storage, through facilities management, to document and IT data destruction, are designed to be flexible and fit around each client’s business.
Contact us For a free, no-obligation quote, please contact our specialist team
CAS provide comprehensive and secure document digitisation, information storage, shredding and facilities management services. For more than 20 years CAS have worked with NHS Trusts, Financial Services providers, and corporate and private clients. Our head office is just four miles from the City of London, supported by our advanced storage centres across the UK. CAS has an impressive array of International certifications (ISOs), which prove our compliance with the strictest national, European and international laws. They also demonstrate our commitment to provide innovative systems on security, confidentiality and quality control in keeping your files safe and well managed.
- Corporate Compliance
- Staff sign confidentiality agreements and undergo DBS checks.
- Facilities have secure gated perimeter fences, monitored 24/7 by Mobotix M12 CCTV cameras, records backed up off-site.
- Optical fire beam protection system/air quality monitoring throughout.
- Redcare security alarms linked directly to police and fire brigade.
- All vehicles alarmed and fitted with a smart track (uTrack) vehicle monitoring system.
- Documents are shredded on-site, waste material is recycled overseas.
- We can use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) on all boxes stored on-site to support strict compliance regulations.
- Confidentiality guaranteed at all times.
- Data Protection Act 1998, ICO registered No: Z1281061.